Sonic Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Listings Thread + Rules and Guidelines

+2
Echo~the~Hedgehog
Cross187
6 posters

Go down

RP Listings Thread + Rules and Guidelines Empty RP Listings Thread + Rules and Guidelines

Post by Cross187 Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm

This topic is dedicated to listing the established Rolplay topics in this section. This way, everyone can easily reach their desired topic, and learn about new topics. Please use the following guidelines when listing RPs:

-Each RP should be listed in separate posts, made by the RP's Director.
*The RP Director is the one who starts the RP, thus making them the general leader of it. The Directors will report to me on the status of their RPs, and notify me of any major changes or issues in such (i.e. A user added/removed, issues between users, etc.). Though anyone can report to me, I would prefer it be done by the Directors. This will reduce the flood of updates/complaints, where several people may say the same general thing.

-The RPs should be listed using the following format:
Title: (Self-explanatory. Add [NSFW] if it contains mature content)
Summary: (Basic plotline of the RP. Try to make a paragraph-at least five sentences-but it is not necessary. If no plotline has been determined yet, just write "In Development")
Members: (List the Director with an underline. USE USERNAMES, NOT NICKNAMES. Try not to have over five members, Director included)
Status: (In Development, Ongoing, Hiatus, Complete, Discontinued)

-Any changes to the above should be reported to me, via PM. Try to keep questions, concerns, and complaints to the Ask Cross topic, unless the subject is especially personal.

From there on, try to follow the Rules and Guidelines for the RPs themselves. And, most of all, have fun!
Cross187
Cross187

Back to top Go down

RP Listings Thread + Rules and Guidelines Empty Re: RP Listings Thread + Rules and Guidelines

Post by Cross187 Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Basic RP Structure

The first several posts of the RP will be used for information about it. Here is the basic structure:

-The first post will be an introduction to the RP, almost identical to the one used in the RP Listings, only this one can be expanded on, if you so choose.

-The next post(s) will contain the profiles of the main characters seen in the RP. Supporting characters may also be listed, but don't have to be as detailed. Details not needed for sub-characters will be marked by an asterisk(*). Profiles can be posted by individual members, or all compiled and posted by one member. If the latter, please include the characters' respective users. Separate multiple profiles with an asterisk(*) or a line break. See next post for character profile structure.

-The last information post should include any other information on the RP that you deem necessary.

Last edited by ProjectOrion on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Cross187
Cross187

Back to top Go down

RP Listings Thread + Rules and Guidelines Empty Re: RP Listings Thread + Rules and Guidelines

Post by Cross187 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Basic Character Profile Structure

You can't have an RP without characters! The character profiles will be included in the RP's information posts (see above post). Here is the basic structure:

Character Name: (Self-explanatory. May also include a "nickname")
Age Range*: (Child:4-11 yrs; Teen: 12-18 yrs; Adult: 19-40 yrs; Senior: 41+ yrs. Actual age is optional)
Gender*: (Male/Female)
Occupation*: (What the character does in life)
Appearance*: (Basic anatomy: hair color, eye color, body build, etc.; General attire is optional)
Personality*: (How your character interacts with others)
Special Skills*: (Anything capabilities that make your character unique)
Background: (How your character is involved in the story of the RP. Doesn't have to be as detailed for sub-characters)
Other*: (Anything else you find significant about the character)

NOTE: Again, this is just a basic structure of a character profile. The actual one used for your RP can change, depending on what you deem necessary information.

Last edited by Cross187 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Cross187
Cross187

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross187 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Roleplay Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines

In the RPs, everyone has the freedom to write just about anything they want. However, there are some basic guidelines to follow:

-Any subject goes in the RPs. However, if the RP contains mature content (explicit violence, sexual content, etc.), include [NSFW] (Not Safe For Work) in the title. We can't control who looks at mature content, but we can give a fair warning for anyone who does not wish to do so.

-It is recommended that everyone have good writing skills: Mostly proper usage of punctuation marks and homophones (i.e. there, they're, and their). Don't be afraid to ask for assistance, if needed.

-Try to keep "leetspeak" to a minimum, preferably zero. The RPs aren't chat rooms; try to think like you're actually writing a story. (i.e. If a character laughs, don't type "lol")

-It's okay to have drama between characters (It's expected in stories), but keep it between characters. Drama between users isn't favored by most others, and often interferes with the RPs. If you have some tension with another user, take it to the Troll Cave, bring it to my attention, or simply leave the RP.

-Also, keep from "invading" RPs. Invading an RP means posting anything in an RP that you are not apart of. No exceptions. If you want to make a comment, or request to join, do so in the Chat.

-No Godmodding. Nobody likes someone who acts all-powerful. So keep from controlling the actions of the other members, having a perfect character, or anything of the sort. TO THE MODERATORS: Seeing as you have more power to do so, do not interfere with the RPs. Do not change anything within them, without talking to me first.

As long as these rules are followed, there will be no problems. Besides that, I hope everyone enjoys themselves while RPing with each other.
Cross187
Cross187

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo~the~Hedgehog Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:47 pm

There have been issues with the last rule I would like to address.

Different animes have different powers in them and comparring them are like comparing apples to oranges. For instance, I knew a guy who had sonic characters with DBZ powers and godmodded like Ultima. and there was nothing we could do about it.

So until we figure out how many leprechauns it takes to equal one unicorn and the ratio of mario's coins to sonic's rings I suggest we reduce the crossover action to 0.
Echo~the~Hedgehog
Echo~the~Hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by Heronangel Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

To be fair... Sonic takes a lot from dragon ball z...

7 emeralds..
7 dragon balls..
Super sonic...
Super saiyan...

I heard the comparison somewhere... Sorry if I'm intruding
Heronangel
Heronangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo~the~Hedgehog Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

It's true that they are similar. But putting the two together doesnt work. I've seen it.
Echo~the~Hedgehog
Echo~the~Hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordLaharl Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:49 am

Heh, wow Cross, nice work. I expect good writing from everyone also, I'm glad we get a chance to start fresh, and keeping the guidelines up is a good note to self for me.
OverlordLaharl
OverlordLaharl

Back to top Go down

Post by Godmodder Studios Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 pm

So I see that you've taken over the RP post since Star left...
Godmodder Studios
Godmodder Studios

http://ultimathegod.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo~the~Hedgehog Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Why did she leave?
Echo~the~Hedgehog
Echo~the~Hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by The Administrator Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:37 pm

No one knows. My guess is that she just got bored of it or something.
The Administrator
The Administrator
Admin

https://soniccentral.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo~the~Hedgehog Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:47 pm

lol.
Echo~the~Hedgehog
Echo~the~Hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down